Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have polio in legs and had it since 6 years old the thing

Customer Question

I have polio in legs and had it since 6 years old the thing is I have had tingling and numbness in right leg on inside below knee for a while when touched feels like its had pins and needles all the time, now I have had for last two days when I get up out of bed burning feeling down same side of leg I took paraceamol but it hasn't helped I get a twinge now and then , but that's all I don't take any medication and in good health, I have to use wheelchair all time if you could tell me what I can take or use instead of paracetomal etc as they seem to make it worse I am 67 years old
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question, these are what we call neuralgic pain or sensations, you need a medicine like duloxitine or gabapentin to control these symptoms. Thank you.