wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have been self-catheterising without problem for more than

I have been self-catheterising without problem for more than 10 years, using Hollister Advance catheters size 4.7mm x 40cm. Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing pain during insertion of the catheters. The pain occurs when the catheter is about halfway in but disappears within a second or two as it is fully inserted, leaving a slightly uncomfortable feeling. There is no pain or difficulty in withdrawing the catheter. Occasionally there is a little blood present on the tip of the catheter, but that is normal.
Can you suggest a course of action please
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Your best course of action is to see your urologist and have her examine your urethra, perhaps do a complete cystoscopy.

There are many issues that could be causing your symptoms and the only way to figure out what is going on is with a good exam.
One thing is for sure: This is not something you should ignore as there is a very good chance things will just get worse left undiagnosed and untreated.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS