wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I HAVE A VERY POOR SLEEPING RECORD, 1-2 HOURS AT A TIME ,I

Customer Question

i HAVE A VERY POOR SLEEPING RECORD, 1-2 HOURS AT A TIME ,I CAN COPE WITH THIS ALTHOUGH I DO FEEL TIRED DURING THE DAY OCCASSIONALLY AND NEED TO TAKE A NAP IN THE AFTERNOON. HOWEVER ON 4 SEPERATE OCCASSIONS I HAVE LITERALLY FALLEN EITHER FROM THE SOFA OR BED ONTO A HARD FLOOR ,SOMETIMES QUITE PAINFULLY, THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE ANYTHING WHICH I CAN SEE CONNECTS THESE FALLS ,I AM NOW BEGINNING TO BE CONCERNED AS I LIVE ALONE AND THE EFFECTS COULD BE SERIUOS
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
AFTER DOCTORS CONSULTATIONS I WAS REFFERED TO HOSPITAL ,TOLD I HAD SLEEP APNEA,COULD NOT HANDLE USING MASK ETC; DURING SLEEP PERIOD BUT FOUND THAT AS I WAS AWARE OF PROBLEM I KNEW WHEN TO STOP AND SLEEP/REST FOR 1/2 HOUR AND HAVE BEEN MANAGING QUITE WELL . UNTIL ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO WHEN WHILST WAITING FOR HIP OP I WAS FINDING IT LESS PAINFULL TO SLEEP IN A SITTING POSITION.ONE NIGHT FOUND MYSELF ON FLOOR WITH BADLY BRUISED HEAD AND CARPET BURNS TO MY FACE. THIS HAPPENED AGAIN ABOUT 2 WEEKS LATER THEN AFTER THE OP, 12 MONTHS AGO I SLEPT IN BED WHEN ONE NIGHT SAME THING. SINCE THEN O'K UNTIL LAST NIGHT'S REPEAT.
THE BANG ON THE HEAD WOKE ME AND I WAS HALF ON FLOOR WITH LEGS TANGLED IN SHEETS

thank you for that additional information.

This is not something you can ignore.....especially with the injuries you are getting.

So. What should you do?

First, I suggest you see your GP tomorrow for a good exam. After she examines you it probably would be a good idea for you to undergo a sleep study in a lab.

does this make sense?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
EXTREMELY PLEASANT DOCTOR WITH SOUND ADVICE WHICH ALTHOUGH IT ONLY CONFIRMED MY THOUGHTS IT WAS GOOD TO HAVE A PROFESSIONAL VIEW BASICALLY CONFIRMING THAT I DID HAVE A PROBLEM,
MANY THANKS

My pleasure. Have a great day :)