Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

After lots of testing and misdiagnoses, it was finally

After lots of testing and misdiagnoses , it was finally decided i have GERD ( Gastro relfux) I am on 40mg of omeprazole. It was working at first but in the last 3 weeks i have had attack after attack, which starts with eggy burps and as time passes stomach cramps start, which gets more intense to the point i cant move at all. It can last for upto 10 hours and ill be sick and feel faint and all hot and bothered. Even feel like i need to do a poo but it doesnt come out. The doctors then prescribed me with tramadol which didnt even touch the pain. So then they tried me with buscopan saying it works in a different way, but still didnt help. Its like once the pain is there it just wont go no matter what i do. Literally i dread my day soon as i get a burp as i know whats going to happen. I thought at first it was certain foods but now it doesnt matter what i eat and i cant cope no more
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can feel the pain building up again and i cant cope with another night last night
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

have you been tested for H pylori?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not that i know off but i have had loads of blood tests and a endoscopy and been taking omeprazole for about a year now was working at first but now its back to how it was before it started.

I suspect you have h pylori

This is a bacteria that can cause refractory GERD

It is treated with oral antibiotics

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com