Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My wife has a skin condition that started in 2014. The face

My wife has a facial skin condition that started in 2014. The face was bloated and red, and by cunsulting a doctor she was given a steroid cure, told to use only 100% natural skin products and told that she has sensitive skin. Since then she got better with only some small flairs taht happen On and off. Last week it seems that it got worst again and I m worry that whatever she has it has not be addressed by just the steroid cream. Thank you, Mat
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

this is Dr. David

I am sorry about your wife's skin facial swelling and redness.

this could be due to severe rosacea or possibly lupus or psoriasis or something else.

she may need blood testing to check for lupus

a biopsy is needed to check for psoriasis.

can you upload a clear jpg photo of your face and swelling so I can better help you?

that is good the steroid cream is helping the redness.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Dr. David,
thank you for your reply. In attach the most recent photo of my wife skin condition. We fund out the other day that the problem is more visible during October-september time,(same happen last year). The steroid creams it helped, but we are aware that is making the skin thinner and is not solving the problem on the long run. She hasn't done any blood test or biopsy yet to verify about lupus or psoriasis. Her current doctor has never mentioned it either!!! Thank you

yes, I see the redness.

you are welcome

ask for ANA, ESR, C reactive protein and blood test to check for lupus

the redness looks more like lupus or possibly rosacea.

ask to consult with a dermatology specialist as well

if her blood tests are positive for lupus, she will need to see a rheumatology specialist.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician