Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Pain on my lower left abdomen seems like my ovaries. Pain is

Customer Question

Pain on my lower left abdomen seems like my ovaries. Pain is there most days. Also feel pain on my pelvic bone and painfull to move leg
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

Can you please elaborate your question a little more.
What is your age?
Since how long are you having this problem?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Have you been seen for this?
Any tests done?
Please let me know.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am 24 yeaes old I have two children one normal birth the other one emergency cesarian.
I have had this probably since the pregnancies. I have seen a doctor about it but they just tell me to take paracetamol. I am not taking medication. After my last pregnancy which was the cesarian in 2014 July I didn't have a period until a few months ago. And then when eventually started i was having period for about 3 times in 1 month.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

With the kind of pain that you are having, I would definitely recommend that you should have an ultrasound of the pelvis done to have a look at your ovaries.

This may be a cyst in the left ovary or an infection there which can be determined by an ultrasound of the ovaries.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But since I have had this pain for a few years. Could it be something really serious. And also it's become painfull during intercourse. It's painful inside.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I recently did an ultrasound and I think they said PCO was found. But I don't know much about this and they didn't tell me much about it. But they said it's nothing serious. Could you tell me more about PCO please.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

If you are having this pain for a number of years then it is VERY UNLIKELY to be anything serious or anything to worry about.

PCOS means polycystic ovaries or in other words multiple cysts form in the ovaries.

The main issue with ovaries being polycystic is reduced fertility, weight gain and problems with hormones in the body.

The testosterone hormone becomes high leading to hair on the face and various parts of the body.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Kindest regards