wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am trying to help my dad but not sure what type of help he

I am trying to help my dad but not sure what type of help he needs as its much deeper than normal. He did 22 years in the army, left 5 years ago this Nov and started to question his life (came about when his half sister disclosed sexual abuse by her step dad, my dads dad when she was younger) this triggered some simlar memories for my dad and since then he has been on a "search" to find the meaning of life but hes so much in denial and hes also addicted to gambling and has some sort of depression its got that bad he left me, my brother and mum and he doesnt stop talking about some theory he has searched lately, hes completely different to the person i know and its ruining our family. There is a lot more to it than this he believes he knows the secret of life that we was put here to learn lessons etc. He goes through fazes of researched theorys such as science know he thinks we are all nothing but energy. I think what he says is very intresting and has some truth to it but hes obsessed and not in reality anymore i personally think hes trying to get away from facing up to his childhood. Hes become very angry when you tell him hes wrong and we literally cant have a normal conversation with him anymore. I dont think he is mental but he really does need the right help not the standed counciling. He has over thinked too much it all started with trying to find out why bad people do bad things and searching on the internet leads to more things to search and 5 years later hes in too far. Please help im desperate after 5 years! We have tried the GP but because of the waiting lists it takes too long to see someone and hes changed his mind by then. I just want my dad back anything will help as i am running out of options thank you
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

How old is your dad?

What was his rank?

Is he violent at all?

Does your Dad have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. He is 43 he was in signals as a sargent. Hes not violent but very close to it. He doesnt take any meds and as far as i am aware only has a dodgy hip no other medical problems (he tried to self medicate through drugs earlier in the year but has stopped that now) there is so much to this story it will takes ages to talk. I am able to talk through email on***@******.*** if it helps
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

I can't use an outside email server on this system but we could chat on the phone or via skype (which works best since I'm on the other side of the atlantic from you).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont feel comfortable on the phone but i have Skype but wouldnt want to do a video chat, just messaging if thats ok. Not sure how to add you on Skype though....
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

No problem.....no cameras :)

Here is a link for skype......

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. I wont be able to do this now as i dont have the money but i get paid next week so i will get back in touch then if thats ok. Just a question before i go to bed how long will the payment for Skype last for before i would need to pay something again just so i have a rough idea?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

That is no problem at all. We can leave this link open if you want and just drop me a note when you can skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

don't pay for skype now...wait until you are ready.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you