Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
20638885

I have a lump just under my chin (under the skin) its about

I have a lump just under my chin (under the skin) its about the size of a pea. Ive had it for a bout 8 weeks now and it will sometimes get bigger but will then reduce in size again. My skin is also extremely bad and has been for the past 12 months. I get swollen lumps on my face and kneck that get quite painfull. Some will get that swollen that they burst... Im not sure if its maybe all connected.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry I thought I should probably add that my skin has never really been spotty so its not "normal" for me.
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

From your description it seems that you have developed a condition known as cystic acne where the infection moves deep under the skin.

The lump may be a part of infectious process occurring in cystic acne.

This is a treatable condition and you should see a doctor to get it treated.Your doctor may use some drugs in combination with antibiotics to treat the condition.These may include accutane, spironolactone, oral contraceptive pills, retinoid for local application etc...

Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 9 months ago.

Do you have any more question?

If done do take a moment to honor my work and time by rating my answer 4-5 stars at the top of this page.

You can come back to the thread to ask if you forgot something even after you have rated my answer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The lump under my chin is not like the lumps on my face. This one is under the skin, I can pinch and move slightly. Ive obviously scared myself by searching on internt for answers... cancer etc. Do you think this could be connected to my bad skin, possible cystic acne too?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 9 months ago.

It it is increasing and decreasing in size it is not cancer.Most likely cystic acne as that may increase or decrease in size.

It may be some other benign cyst as well.It may also be a lymph node enlargement as a response to infection as that may also vary in size.

You need to have this seen by a doctor but do not worry about this being cancer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you very much for your advice