wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Has my 4.5 year old daughter got impetigo? I have photos

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Does she have any other symptoms?

How long has this been going on?

Does your daughter have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has had a mild cold recently but nothing serious. She is otherwise in excellent health. She has had reddened/sore lips for 48 hrs & today the small blister appeared at school. Teachers say she cannot comeback into school tomorrow if Impetigo but we cannot get to a surgery before school in the morning to diagnose.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any more thoughts Dr Rick?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.....clinic today was crazybusy :(

I would not rush to say that was impetigo. It could be angular stomatitis or even a viral lesion.

The best thing to do would be to have her pediatrician take a look at her in person and, if necessary, obtain cultures.

Make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS