DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

IF YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU THAT YOU CAN CARRY ON PLAYING

Customer Question

iF YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU THAT YOU CAN CARRY ON PLAYING TENNIS AND GOLF WITH A MILD INGUINAL HERNIA HOW LONG IS THE MAXIMUM TIME YOU SHOULD LEAVE IT BEFORE YOU HAVE THE OPERATION TO MEND IT PLEASE ?
CAN YOU WEAR A HERNIA SUPPORT IN THE MEANTIME IF NECESSARY ?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thanks for asking

Actually there is no such time limitation that you should follow prior to surgery. You can play even a day before surgery . Nowadays the surgical techniques are so advanced that you can even be discharged on same day or next day after procedure, Yes you can wear a hernia support while playing as it help in keeping the hernia in a contained area. So you should play as you regularly do and stop a couple of days prior to surgery .

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question