Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

My partner and I have been trying for 3 years to conceive I

Customer Question

Hello Dr my partner and I have been trying for 3 years to conceive I am off the depo injection 3 years as well I have had all my bloods taken and Dr said all is fine we have sex regularly just not happening my partner has two children from a previous relationship he insists its got something to do with this white discharge I have but Dr said no I am nearly 40 and think my time is up really getting me down my cycle is 26 days but only ever lasts about 2 days my last period started on the 12/9 ended 14/9 today I noticed pink spotting which has happened before and then I just get what is left of a period is this the menopause starting is it over for me
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Do you know if and when you are ovulating? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been to Chinese acuputure for infertility I can't afford IVF now which the Dr told me to start
What elseshould I be doing my partners youngest is 12 now
The only time I done ovulating test was a few months ago showed positive I just normally count after my period

I would recommend seeing a good infertility doctor.

Perhaps IVF might be needed, but first it's important to know exactly when you ovulate, and to time intercourse so you have it soon before ovulation each month.

A significant part of the problem is likely your age, since fertility decreases markedly after age 35

The spotting suggests some hormonal changes, and that may also be related to not getting pregnant.

I don't think acupuncture is likely to be very helpful.

I also don't think your white discharge is likely to be part of the problem.

Getting pregnant at 39 can be difficult, but it's often possible with the help of a good infertility doctor. Good luck!