Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I need letter of referral for an MRI of my knee. Assistant:

Customer Question

I need letter of referral for an MRI of my knee.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Twist injury at tennis. My GP gave me a letter but it doesnt specify MRI. i have contacted London Imaging centre who want letter from GP or physio ( not a Dr ) saying MRI.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
specifying MRI. The knee causes me some pain after sitting for some time. I am still playing tennis with a support and without. I have had physio therapy which only helps for short period of time.Could I have a simple letter of referral. The imaging centre will accept a referral from physio ! *** Please advise of the cost for a referral letter as there is an available MRI appointment tomorrow I would like to take. *** Work usually gets in the way hence why i have neglected the injury. Pain is at the front below knee cap and to the right frontal area of my left knee. I am not on any medication and have no other health concerns.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

This is a question and answer service. The site does not provide medical care, referrals, or prescriptions. If you have anterior knee pain, you will not qualiify for an mri through the nhs. This is because mri is not generally helpful. If they are to pay for an mri, they require a letter of referral from the physiotherapist that has been traeting you without success. I hope this helps.