Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Would a referral to Orthopedadics or Rheumatology be better

Would a referral to Orthopedadics or Rheumatology be betterI developed severe and apparently permanent adverse reactions as a result of Hepatitis B vaccine.
About 4 years ago I was completely healthy and very athletic before this vaccination and have now
suffered severe, debilitating autoimmune side effects from this vaccine.Would a referral to Orthopedadics or Rheumatology be better for my left shoulder pain, which isn't
in both shoulders at once, just the left, previously I had no shoulder problems, I used to lift 100KG
but now I get left shoulder pain when I lift 50KG and these started after vaccination. There's a
measurable loss in stamina before the vaccine to how I am now, I experience breathlessness much earlier
when I do cardiovascular exercise then before I had the vaccine. I have chronic fatigue and it is not
improved by getting rest. I have a dry persistent cough when there's nothing to bring up. I have a
constant pain while I'm seated, which is focused in one specific area, on the upper left side of my
abdomen. This area hurts while I'm seated with my laptop or while I'm watching TV or while I'm seated
on the bus. The pain is related to muscle movement and positional. The pain isn't there with change of
position i.e. Standing up or lying down flat. Painkillers don't help. It's not my stomach because when
I eat, I can feel the stomach processing food and the upper left abdominal pain both at the same time,
and they are in two different locations. I suffered the residual effects of all these symptoms for
more than 4 years.I have an Ultrasound scan soon and I've had normal blood tests all which came out fine.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer,

For the lest shoulder pain a referral to an orthopedic surgeon would be better, since they will be able to do an accurate physical examination and also order the necessary investigation to get a correct diagnosis. However for your other symptoms you need to follow up with your general physician.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My GP hasn't said anything yet about the upper left abdominal pain, he just arranged an Ultrasound scan soon. He did tell me that 'neuropathic pain is lifelong'. Do you think it's neuropathic pain that is the upper left abdominal pain?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

This may be neuropathic pain or even muscular pain, further investigations are needed.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What's the difference between neuropathic pain and muscular pain?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Which specialist looks at these conditions?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

The characteristic of the pain as well as the cause is different in these conditions. You may consult a neurologist regarding this.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you tell me the difference in the characteristic of the pain between neuropathic pain and muscular pain. Could they be triggered by the Hep B vaccine?

Dear customer,

Neuropathic pain is due to a disease or problem in the nerves and is often described by patients as burning, stabbing, shooting, aching, or like an electric shock. Basically this is more like an abnormal sensation that the typical pain characteristic of muscular pain. Muscular pain tends to be sharp or aching, and is relieved by painkillers such as paracetamol, anti-inflammatory painkillers, codeine and morphine. Neuropathic pain does not respond to pain killers and need other types of medications such as anti-seizure medication or anti-depressants.

Both of these types of pain are possible due to the rare adverse effect of Hep B vaccine.

Take care.

t is a privilege answering your question.
Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Both neuropathic pain and muscular pain you mention 'aching'. That's what it feels like, an ache when I'm seated and it doesn't go away unless I stand up or lie down flat
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
an ache while I'm seated

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that is the reason I mentioned that this may be due to both, and at this stage we cannot tell for certain the causative factor.

Take care.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with a positive rating by clicking 5 stars above.

Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience: Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is the test for Rheumatoid arthritis?

Dear customer,

Please ask this question in another thread requesting me.