wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Still worring about adult onset allergies and anaphylaxis

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Can you tell me more about your symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi I have no symptoms I have asthma and an allergie to strawberrys I've had since I was small so does my mum sister and grandma. I am very very very concerned about developing new onset food allergies to things I have ate millions of times and having anaphylaxis really worries me I am very paranoid about new life threatening allergies
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

I can understand your fears. There are a couple of things that you can do to help alleviate your fears:

1. Have a complete allergy workup with allergy testing by a doctor who specializes in allergies.

2. Consult with a team to help you deal with your anxiety over this issue.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yea ano but how likely is it to develop new allergies at 26 a have been told it's very rare?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

It is not really that uncommon to develop new allergies as an adult. I've seen it in my own youngest daughter.

There i snot need to continue to suffer -- see an allergist.

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City