Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Me and my friend was fooling around play fighting,I hit her

Customer Question

Hello,me and my friend was fooling around play fighting,I hit her really in the belly,this was a week ago,she said she's fine,I scared I may caused damaged? Caused internal bleeding and she will die?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

It is unlikely that such a traumatic injury would have occurred and would not have manifested itself by now after a week. So please do not worry as there are no symptoms, and she is not going to die because of this.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate the answer with 5 stars.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor I pushed her really hard around the belly/stomach area,with my fist I'm scared that say in 2 weeks time she may suddenly get internal bleeding/complications etc and die
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

If there were any complications due to the abdominal trauma they would have come to your observation in a week. In fact in most cases such traumatic injuries manifest themselves immediately and need emergency management. So don't worry what will happen after 2 weeks, since after 2 weeks you will then worry about what will happen after a month. If you are an anxious person please read the below linked book since this will be very helpful to you:

https://www.amazon.com/Things-Might-Terribly-Horribly-Wrong/dp/1572247118

Also please do mindfulness practice for a few minutes every day. Use the guided audios below:

https://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/mindfulness/programs/mbsr/Pages/audio.aspx

Take care.

Please rate the answer by clicking 5 stars above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much...for the links...could say in a months time something may happen?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

No nothing is going to happen please do not worry.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctor,I have orderd the book,I have ocd and intrusive thoughts do you think this is just another intrusive thought?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes this may be another thought that is disturbing you. "The book will also teach you how to better deal with your thoughts by acceptance and defusion.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you doctorRegards