Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

My 3 yr old daughter cut her forehead on monday with a deep

Customer Question

My 3 yr old daughter cut her forehead on monday with a deep gash. We took her to a & e and the glued it and put paper stitches on it. As directed we have taken them off today and the wound has dried up but hasnt closed. Its not a neat cut/scar but wide still. Is there anything that can be done to close it better now?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My 3 yr old daughter cut her forehead on monday with a deep gash. We took her to a & e and the glued it and put paper stitches on it. As directed we have taken them off today and the wound has dried up but hasnt closed. Its not a neat cut/scar but wide still. Is there anything that can be doneto close it better now?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer,

Please upload a picture.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here yiu go
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case since it is already a few days now after the wound was caused, and also because the scab has formed and there is no bleeding at present, therefore there is not much that can be done at this time. It will heal naturally forming a scar, and though the scar may be very prominent at first, but it will gradually improve over the course of about a year. Be sure to use sun-screen every day for best results. If after a year you find that the scar has not faded, then may contact a dermatologist or plastic surgeon for further treatment. You can always have the scar revision surgery done by a plastic surgeon and even now this is an option. In fact using of the glue for wounds in areas of high skin tension such as the forehead is not recommended.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a 5 star rating by clicking the stars above.