DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My daughter had antibiotics last week for chest infection.

Hi, my daughter had antibiotics last week for chest infection. She is ok now but still coughing a bit. Is that normal?
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add she keeps on swallowing post drip nasal stuff.

Cough can last a couple of week in such a case . Fever is usually the first to respond in cases of chest infection. So if your daughter does not have any fever and chest pain and just a dry cough this will also get better . She can take some anti histamine like Cetrizine or Benadryl and mucinex to help ease the symptoms.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cough still sometimes has a phlegm, especially because of swallowing mucus. It's kind of clear with green specks. I rather she doesn't take more antibiotics. Should I wait or go back to doc?

Has she got any fever ?

Which antibiotic was given and for how many days ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fever at all. She is full of beans and sleeps well. Can't remember name, some kind of penicillin, for 7 days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She finished course on Monday

Ok . I think you should give him the medicines I mentioned , In case if she does not feel any better in a couple of days then get a review from your doctor.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks