Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My partner has a hemmaroid and we are in cambodia traveling

Hi my partner has a hemmaroid and we are in cambodia traveling we got some medicine from the local pharmacy on the island of koh rong theyve given her daflon 500mg tablets for oral use and titanoreine cream she is currently on citalopram 10mg can she take the daflon 500mg aswell and if so whats the best dosage? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We are also on malaria tablets doxycyline 100mg
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Yes, She can take daflon 500 mg and the dose varies from 2 tablets per day in chronic hemorrhoids and in acute hemorrhoidal attack, the dosage is 6 tablets daily for 4 days, followed by 4 tablets daily over the next 3 days.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How will she know if its chronic or acute? Is it ok too take on an empty stomach how many tablets can be taken in one sitting and how long inbetween each dose can they be taken?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

If she was suffering from the disease for more than 3 weeks then it is chronic but if it came all of a sudden then it is called acute. She can take on empty stomach and she can take one tablet in morning and one in evening or as advised by her doctor.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you . Also will it just go in due course or will she need to try push it back in after the course of tablets
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully it will get better but she needs followup with her doctor once treatment finishes.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also while on the doxycyline she encounters thrush, whenever she takes antibiotics she gets thrush its in her family as this happens to her mother, she has cleared it up with a course of canestine cream and fluconazole 150mg oral tablet about a week ago and she fears it may return again due to the doxycyline is that the case or will it stay dorment?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

It would stay dormant as you had recent course of antifungal. Nothing to worry about.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Great news thank you for your time and understanding will request yourself again if need be.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

My pleasure to help you.