Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I have a list of 11 standard vitamin/supplements, and their

Hello, I have a list of 11 standard vitamin/supplements, and their ingredients, and I would like to know if they are vegan/vegetarian friendly and if they have artificial fillers. Thank you, Joey
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the list of supplements
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
You can find that information on the label of the supplement. They will be labeled vegan or vegetarian. Are you interested in vegan or vegetarian because there is a big difference.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
The garlic and coq10 have gelatin from bovine (cow) source and the omega 3 is a fish product. The rest are not specifically vegan but should have that noted on the bottle. No fillers are noted. But most vitamins have some fillers for purpose of dispersion. If you want a vegan vitamin, it is easy to just buy avegan vitamin. Veg Life brand is one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr. K.The problem is that these are bought in bulk, and only the ingredients are communicated with us. And the supplier isn't very knowledgable about this. That's why I wanted a professional to confirm this, so we can compare with other suppliers.So it's these specific supplements that I need to make sure if they are vegan and/or vegetarian friendly, if they have artificial fillers, and gluten.So I understand that all the 11 supplements have no fillers and only the garlic and coq10 are not vegetarian friendly? And they're all gluten free?Thank you
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
No Not at all. The garlic, the coQ10 and the omega 3 are not vegan or vegetarian. The supplier has not given you any information as to whether or not there is filler. Most vitamins and minerals have to have some filler. The supplier has also not given any info as to whether or not they are gluten free. What is the name of the supplement and who is the supplier?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. All I'm asking is for you to answer my question based on the information given. I don't need recommendations or supplier suggestions. Please let me know if that's possible, or if I should speak with someone else? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Microcrystalline cellulose is a filler, it is wood pulp. Dicalcium phosphate is a tableting agent and quite toxic. Vivasol is an food emulsifier. Stearic acid is a food additive. There are many other additives. I would not consider this product natural, vegan, or vegatarian. It has several toxic additives and wood filler in it. I hope this helps.