Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I'm ahmed I have difficulty breathing through nose due to

Hi I'm ahmed I have difficulty breathing through nose due to bone or mass growth what could be done regarding that to make me fell comfortable please.thnx
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, most common causes of problems with nose breathing are polyps, hypertrophy of turbinates, allergy.. If you have this problem for long like more than 3 months then it is best that you see an ENT specialist for clinical evaluation. In most cases these symptoms can be controlled with anti allergic medicine unless polyps are very large.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do agree but it's not the case you are talking about i think it's because of extra grown mass inside or bone as for i know.but thanks for your response

You are welcome. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you suggest for me?

I suggest if you have these symptoms in cold or winter more than in the summer, then this is allergy. Benadryl for 5-7 days at night will help. If symptoms persist despite this medicine then it is best to seek ENT doctors care for simple clinical exam of nose. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that's fine

welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Doctor I have this problem since I was child mean kinda early ages but I didn't went through surgery due to some reason is it gonna help if I go through at this stage.?

Yes, it will help, it is never too late.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I have heard of it that after some time it grows up again will there enough chance to have this problem back after surgery or it will be safe..

Most ENt surgeries are low risk and it is never too late, nowadays they do it endoscopically called FESS.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much I'll contact my GP

Have a nice day.