DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am a 27 year old male and I have been getting short bursts

Customer Question

I am a 27 year old male and I have been getting short bursts of pain at the top area of my pubic region at the base of my stomach area on either side, it seems to come at completely random times? Any help would be much appreciated as its gradually getting worse. Thankyou
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would not like to switch to a live phone call

Do you have any urinary symptoms ?

Since how long you have this pain ?

Is it on the back as well ?

Any bowel related symptoms ?

Any known medical problem you have ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had it roughly 6 months, I had a fall recently on my back and it has become worse since because I think I landed on my left kidney.I have not noticed any urinary problems yet but haven't really looked for blood in my urine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no medical problems

Thanks for the information

The pain you have most likely suggest a neuropathic pain. Neuropathic pain usually comes in such sharp bursts and it might have been due to your recent fall on the back. You should take anti inflammatory like Advil or Motrin to ease the symptoms and then see your doctor for an examination and plan further investigations accordingly.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it's any help I first felt like I injured myself while lifting weights around a year ago and it was painful enough to make me curl up on the floor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my fall was only around a week ago

Okay thanks for the information

It is quite possible that you have a problem for a year and it is aggravated by the fall. I think it is about time that you should get investigated to find out the exact cause of your problem.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem I have is that I am in the forces and I don't think I'll be able to get the help I need because the doctors tend to just send me home with paracetamol or ibuprofen

I think taking Paracetamol or Ibuprofen will relieve your pain but importantly you need investigations to make sure there is nothing of concern.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** it be?

I would suggest that you get examined and possibility of a nerve impingement should be ruled out. Other causes could be a muscular pain as well.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question