Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm currently out of my home country (UK) and in Central

Customer Question

I'm currently out of my home country (UK) and in Central America, I have developed a lump on my testicle skin. I assumed it was a mosquito bite, and it does look like one, but it's persisted for 1 or 2 weeks now. It appears to be filled with pus but I can't say. Should I be worried?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer,

I don't see any cause for worry about this. However an examination by a doctor to know the cause is a must. This is most likely an epidermoid cyst on the scrotum. Such cysts may be found on the scrotum and contain a cheesy yellow material. However your doctor needs to rule out other causes as well by doing an examination. If this is indeed an epidermoid cyst then a simple and effective surgical procedure may be done which removes the cyst wall and the cheesy material inside the cyst.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.