DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I came back from holiday from Asia and realised that my

I came back from holiday from Asia and realised that my penis is not working or erecting whilst I was away I had alot of pelvis pain I don't know if that is the problem but since I have come back to the UK my penis does not erect at all I need some advice please could you help me.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear this

Can you please tell me if you have a known medical problem or if you are using any medicines ?

Do you experience erection when you wake up in morning ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I only suffer from asthma.. I had stomach pains when I got back and doctor prescribed me with pain killers codeine..
I don't get no erection when I wake up too.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I was away I didn't have this problem at all and I am more concerned because I am getting married end of next month.

Thanks for the information

There can be various reasons for an erectile dysfunction

These can be psychological in which case there is no organic cause or it can be secondary to some disease process.

I would suggest that you do see a urologist for an examination and further investigations as indicated. If the investigations are unremarkable then most probably its a psychological thing and you will be better soon. In the mean time the doctor can advise psychological counselling and even drugs like Sildenafil to help you achieving an erection. As your problem has started recently and you don,t have any other symptoms the chances of having an organic problem are very less. I expect you to be fine soon.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can it be a problem because of my tiredness or just general problem

Yes too much fatigue can be a reason. Also too much stress can have such symptoms. I expect that you should feel better in a few days as nothing in your history suggest that you can have a disease causing this problem But if it persists than a visit to urologist will be required

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also have you had any patients like this not having erection in morning or for few days

Yes we do see such patients and it get better on its own or with psychological counselling only. Hardly require any long term medicines .In your case I could not find any reason for a pathological cause for your symptoms. You should be fine pretty soon.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well I will be visiting my doctor on Friday..
Because I am getting concerned as am getting married soon. .. Thank you for all your advice .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can it be anything to do with nerve system? Because of my pelvis pain few weeks ago?

If it would have been nerve related there should have been other symptoms like difficulty in passing urine or retention so it is unlikely related to nerve compression.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question