Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

How can vitamin K and B12synthesis be affected with

Customer Question

How can vitamin K and B12synthesis be affected with antibiotics and what can I do about it
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Which antibiotic and other medications are you taking at present.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help but I have lost all faith in medicines as the dosages that I have given have made me feel so ill. I am so allergic to antibiotics but can not make my doctor accept this. A few years ago I had a bad an anaflactic shock and was rushed into hospital. It turned out that I had eaten some farmed fish which on investigation I found that they had been feed food laced with antibiotics so it was in the food chain. I now carry Epi Pen injectors with me
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

It must have been scary to have the anaphylactic shock, I can only imagine. I empathize with your situation and respect your decision. You are doing the right thing by carrying an epinephrine autoinjector with you.

Take care.