Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I've been having very yellow and thin discharge lately. I am

Customer Question

I've been having very yellow and thin discharge lately. I am about to go on my period, might this be why I'm having these changes? It doesn't itch or smell fishy or anything like that.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

How regular are your periods?

Do you use anything for birth control?

Is an STD a possibility?

Do you take any medications? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My periods are very regular. I'm not on any birth control. An STD is possible, but not likely and I'm not on any medication.

Many things can cause a woman's discharge to change, increase, have some color. Hormones, the time of the month, things you eat or drink, stress, etc. can all have an effect.

Your discharge may be because your about to have a period. As long as the discharge isn't due to an STD, you can usually ignore it, and it will go away over time.

As long as you don't think an STD is likely, I would just wait and see what happens. If the discharge is still there after your period, perhaps it would be best to have your doctor check it. Best wishes.