Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

When I woke up this morning I had a pain in my hip when I

Hi when I woke up this morning I had a pain in my hip when I put pressure onto my foot! As the day has gone on and I've been on my feet all day the pain seems to have gone down to my knee and now all The way done my leg to my ankles! The pain is like an aching one! What do you think it could be?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you could be having siatica related pinched nerves in your lower back which can cause pain in your hip which radiates down into your foot.

severe arthritis or tendonitis or bursitis in your hip can also put pressure on nerves and cause pain which can radiate down into your foot.

how old are you?

have you had problems with arthritis or slipped disks in your lower back before?

do you have a GP doctor who can see you and do some xrays and examinations or better yet, MRI scan of your lower back to check for pinched nerves?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahh right okay! No I haven't experienced this before, i do have a doctor i could go and see! I'm 22 years old! I was wondering that it might have been DVT, does it sound like that at all?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

weather changes and colder weather can worsen arthritis and bursitis symptoms.

DVT would not cause your type of symptoms

DVT is also rare in your age of 22

DVT would tend to cause pain and swelling of one leg like calf swelling and pain

it doesn't sound like you have swelling in your leg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahh right I didn't realise weather could affect joints etc! No I don't have swelling in my legs and the pain lessons when I'm sat down is that a sign of DVT or does the pain still hurt when resting?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

those are not signs of DVT.

sitting down would take pressure off of your hip joint and ease pain for arthritis or tendonitis or bursitis.

it doesn't sound like you have a DVT.

you can try to ice your hip and do more stretching exercises

also you can try over the counter anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen or naproxen sodium to help decrease inflammation in your hip and see if those help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if my affected, painful hip feels more swollen than to touch then the one with no pain that is normal ans I should take some pain killers?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

painful swollen hip would not be from a blood clot

it would be from arthritis or bursitis of the hip.

yes, you should take some pain killers with food in your stomach (never on an empty stomach)

and try some ice packs and heating pads on your hip as well which could help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much