healingtouches
healingtouches, Board Certified MD
Experience:  US Trained, Board certifications in Echocardiography, Vascular Ultrasound, Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiac CT, Cardiology and Internal Medicine
54460990

I had a flu jab on 24th September. Four days later I had a

I had a flu jab on 24th September. Four days later I had a cold which is still here- Ijust can't get rid of it. I am 80 and had open heart surgery in 2013.
Expert:  healingtouches replied 1 year ago.

It is unusual for a sore throat to last this long - I would recommend a throat swab to test for strep which is common in this season.

You don't mention that you have a cough or not, if you do, at this point, an xray can effectively rule out a possible pneumonia.

There have been anectodal evidence of vitamin C building up immune system, this can certainly help.

Please let me know how else I can be of any help.

Also, please don't forget to rate me so I can receive credit for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had to call my GP because I wasn't getting any better. He diagnosed a virus- I was just unlucky that I contracted it just as my body was fighting the flu jab.

I hope you're feeling better.