Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have experienced recurring stomach problems in last few

Customer Question

I have experienced recurring stomach problems in last few months.My stomach feels bloated, poor appetite and sometimes, particularly after breakfast I feel sick and faint.I am 69 years old and worried because my mother died of stomach cancer when she was 85
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer,

Have you had any investigations done? What treatment are you taking at present? Have you consulted your doctor regarding this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No investigation. Saw doctor yesterday but she didnt suggest snything

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply.

With these symptoms I would definitely recommend further studies such as esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) which is done to evaluate gastric wall. Please do not delay and have the investigation done as soon as possible. Gastric cancer needs to be ruled out since there is an inherited predisposition for this cancer and also since you are having symptoms which may be due to this cancer. However your symptoms may also be due to other conditions such as gastric ulcer. So please do not worry much however having the investigation done is a must.

Take care.

It is a privilege answering your question.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating of 5 stars, because this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and work.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

May you be happy, successful, and healthy.