Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Could I get HIV from frottage?

Customer Question

Could I get HIV from frottage?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

There is no chance of spread of HIV from frottage.

I would not worry whatsoever.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do have more questions. So there is no chance of HIV if the frottage was without clothing? I have been having lower abdominal pain since
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

There is no chance of HIV spread even if the frottage was without clothing.

The abdominal pain is not related to HIV is most likely nothing serious or anything to worry about.

I think it is your anxiety that is getting the better of you at the moment.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Kindest regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am on the verge of doing a pcr test for my incidence and started imagining that I was penetrated even though I wasn't.
I did also have some vaginal pain.
I was on the 4th day of my periods and I had vaginal herpes in 2013. None of these would cause a problem?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

None of these would cause a problem or pose any risk of transmission of HIV.

It is almost certainly your anxiety that is getting the better of you.

I would appreciate a rating before we proceed.

You can still continue asking questions even after rating me.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did give you an excellent rating.two Las questions
1) if I was penetrated I would know for sure right? Even if I was dipped slightly which would be a risk
2) is any penetration or dipping possible through a layer of underwear?
Do you think I need to be tested for HIV for this incident?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Fluid exchange is required for transmission.

If he did not cum inside you even if there was slight penetration I would not worry.

Through the layer of the underwear transmission is not possible.

If you were penetrated you would definitely know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thank you ***** shouldn't do a pcr test and just do a regular STD screening?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 months ago.

Yes exactly.

Do regular screening test at least six to eight weeks after the potential exposure.