Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I've had a pain in my stomach for around 5 days. I had

Hi, I've had a pain in my stomach for around 5 days. I had diarrhea for around 3 of these but since My stools have been more solid however I still sometimes get a pain in my stomach without having to dash to the toilet. Any ideas what this may be and how I can treat it. Should I speak to ky GP?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've recently been to Turkey for a holiday as well but was fine when I was there. It's since I've came back my stomach has not been quite right.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

any fever or chills?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at all. Felt fine in myself just every now and again during the day my stomach feels a little uneasy. No sickness or anything, just loose stools for a few days with stomach pains. Now it's more just a pain every so often with not so loose stools.

Okay thank you for this reply Andrew.

This is likely a result of your stomach and intestinal bacteria getting back to normal after infection

I would take a probiotic from the chemist to help

and eat a bland diet

it will take some time but it will go back to normal

is this helpful?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi, since we last spoke my stomach still feels a little uneasy and still not having particularly solid stools. I've also noticed now that when I wipe my bottom, there are spots of blood although for a few days my stools were quite hard so wonder if this could be a fissure at all. Should I speak to my local GP?