Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am currently at my 40th week of pregnancy due date

I am currently at my 40th week of pregnancy due date 20/10/16. My question is I had a previous partner who I had unprotected sex with on 17/12/15 I then had a period on 13/01/16 and never slept with that partner again. I had sex with my now partner after my period in January and did a test which was positive. I'm worried as to who the father of the baby is can someone please help
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love and I will be glad to assist you today.

It would be impossible for the previous partner to be the father of this pregnancy. With this due date, your day of ovulation would have been the last week of January, and it wold be impossible for any sperm to still be in the system from the sexual encounter in December. The only time of a sexual encounter that could have yielded this pregnancy would have been after January 22nd, and is more likely to have been around January 26th through January 28th.

If you are worried that it might have been the previous partner, then there definitely is no reason for any further worry.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know. If I have answered all your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.