Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have had to give us antidepressants following the death of

Customer Question

I have had to give us antidepressants following the death of my husband. Am now suffering nausea every night (lasts until lunch time) and can only put it down to acute sobbing which has replaced (to a certain extent the antidepressants). I have to have some way of mourning him. I have been crying for 6 years since his death but this symptom is relatively recent (6 months or so). Please suggest some way to cope.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are still grieving for the loss of your husband.

you can try over the counter stomach acid reducing medications like zantac (ranitidine) 150mg in the morning and prilosec (omeprazole) 20mg before dinner to help decrease stomach acid which could help your stomach nausea

also make sure to eat regular meals. empty stomach can cause worse stomach acid and nausea

have you been missing meals?