Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I've been treated for breast cancer with a mascetomy but no

Customer Question

I've been treated for breast cancer with a mascetomy but no cancer found in the lympth thankfully. Due to a re ocurring lung infection I was refered for an MRI and on my notes it states I have a hepatic cyst, adnexal cyst and spiculated sclerotic sacrum, do any of these relate to secondary cancer?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am a cancer doctor

hepatic cysts and adnexal cysts would not be spread of breast cancer.

spiculated sclerotic sacrum can be normal as well.

with no cancer in the lymph nodes, chances of spread elsewhere in the body are very low

most doctors order a full body PET/CT scan to look for evidence of breast cancer spread elsewhere in the body.

when was your breast cancer surgery?

was your breast cancer ER positive?

are you taking tamoxifen?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
While having treatment for my lungs in Sept 2014 I had a PET/CT scan it showed the breast cancer but was missed. Also at this time I had my breast lump check and was told all clear, however Feb this year I went back when I had another lump to be told it was cancer. Since then I have had several blackouts so was given a brain MRI which was all clear, however I have asked for a PET/CT and been refused as they said they got all the cancer in the mascetomy, central node was clear and they do not see any reason I should be put forward for it. I have a blood clotting condition so on an alternative medication, which I cannot remember the name but begins with E. Yes it is ER positve
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had a dexta bone scan before starting my medication would it show on that scan?

exemestane?

dexa bone scans only show bone density.

your prior PET/CT scans haven't shown spread.

I would not worry about cancer spread of your breast cancer.

those findings on your scan don't sound like spread.