Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I (a 32 year old male with otherwise a clean bill of health)

Customer Question

I (a 32 year old male with otherwise a clean bill of health) received unprotected oral sex from a clean looking U.K (of European descent) escort for around less than 5 minutes followed by protected vaginal sex. Am I at risk of catching any STD/STI (particularly HIV/chlamydia) and should I get tested? My gut feeling is that there is little risk with regard to the unprotected oral sex due to the brevity of time (also it was not vigorous) and no risk with the vaginal sex as I wore protection which did not break.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Your risk of contracting an STI from this type of encounter would be very low. First, the escort would have to have the infection. If she were clean, as many are, you obviously would not need to be concerned at all. That said, even if she were infected with something, the risk would be low from oral sex, particularly for HIV, and not much higher from vaginal sex with a condom, as there is minimal to no exchange of bodily fluids. Most in this situation will test after a few weeks just to be sure, but I see no reason to be concerned given your desciption of the encounter.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. I hope my answers were helpful to you. If you have no more questions, please don't forget to provide a positive rating as this is the only way experts on this site get compensated for the time they spend helping you.

Regards,

Doctor-Bob