wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have a series of lump apering under the skin were my thumb

Customer Question

I have a series of lump apering under the skin were my thumb joins my fingers that is gradually getting worse I when e to our local doctor and said it was age I am 51 and that unless it got a lot worse there was nothing to be done as sergery you would leave scar tissue that would be as bad.
He then went on to ask if I got a tingling in my legs to which I said no but recently I have noticed I do especially in the top of my right thigh.
He said there was a condition that caused this.
Do you know what it is
Thanks john
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

can you upload a picture of the lumps?

Does is interfere with movement?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have no medical conditions and take no medication
The lumps you can just make out between my thumb and finger the rest are in the joint at the Base of my thumb and spreading down the pad of the thumb.
They are not yet restricting movement but are sore if court when doing normal taskes

Thank you for that additional information and the picture.

Unfortunately the photo really does not show the lumps very well....

I do not, however, feel that this is something that you have to just live with until it gets worse. Also, I do not understand how this condition relates to the question about your legs....

So. What do I suggest you do?

I would obtain a second opinion from a hand surgeon and see what she has to say.

This way you will know exactly what is going on and what, if anything, can be done about these lumps.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS