DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

What is the current treatment for a varicose ulcer of

Customer Question

What is the current treatment for a varicose ulcer of long standing?. It was very small-the result of walking into a rose bush 5 years ago- stayed small for over 4 years- has now begun to increase in size. Legs and feet are swollen due to poor kidney function. Wears made to measure elastic stockings.
Expert:  DR. EHTISHAM replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

In addition to compression stockings there are other options to treat varicose ulcers as well.These include drug like Pentoxifylline,skin grafting and various surgical procedure like thermoablation and sclerotherapy.These surgical procedures do have a very good success rate ,You should consult your doctor for these possible option to find out the best option for you .

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating