Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My mum is 100 years old. over the last 2 months she has lost

Customer Question

my mum is 100 years old. over the last 2 months she has lost 1 and a half stone. I am not looking to cure her, but do not want her to die in hospital. She has carers going in 3 times a day,and the family go in often. There is no obvious sign of new pain and she is only a bit confused sometimes. She is not really eating any differently. she can still just about get to the toilet in her small flat and has a commode next to her bed at night. Nurses go in to dress the ulcer on her leg but her GP doesn't seem to want to come out. We know she is at the end of her life and just want to keep her in her flat or a hospice.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry she has had her weight loss.

that is pretty good she can get about to the toilet herself.

that is good she has carers going in 3 times a day.

she should eat what she likes to eat at this point.

that is good she is in pain.

is she in a hospital now or home in a flat.

why are you worried about her dying in a hospital?