Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have been found to have antibodies to help c. All tests

Customer Question

I have been found to have antibodies to help c. All tests have come back negative and doctor told me nothing to worry about.
I have given birth to a baby 9 months prior to finding these antibodies again dr reassured all fine and said I may have been exposed a very long time ago.
I am concerned above it my daughter she is now 18 months.and any future pregnancies. Could you put my mind to rest?
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Have you undergone Hepatitis C viral load and genotype so far?

Have you taken treatment for hepatitis C infection?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I don't have the infection or virus. They have done pcr test and doctor said that sometime ago I have been exposed to hep c. I have no virus and pcr all negative. No treatment was required.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,I also assure you definitely 100 % that there is nil chance of transmission of Hepatitis C virus to your daughter and future pregnancies as your all investigations are fine.

You shouldn't worry at all.

Just enjoy your motherhood.

Take proper rest.

Eat a nutritious diet.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for that. Would the gp surgery allow testing for daughter. I would like to get her tested for it as well. Also would any further pregnancies need to be monitored a lot closer or just as normal?

I understand your worry.

I wouldn't recommend testing in her case.

As you are negative so there is least chance of Hepatitis C transmission in her case.

You should check your hepatitis viral load before trying to conceive next time.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.