wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Since having an abortion a few years ago, I have completely

Customer Question

Hi, since having an abortion a few years ago, I have completely lost my sex drive. Could this be related and what can I do?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Have you been able to engage in any sexual activity since the abortion?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just very rarely would feel like it. It may sound stupid but I when I drink alcohol which isn't often it's a lot better.
No, I don't take any medication or any problems.

Thank you for that additional information.

The fact that drinking some alcohol makes the sex better is, actually, a good sign.

This is an indication that, with therapy, you have a good chance of returning to your baseline sexual activity and function.

So. How do you do this?

I would suggest starting with a PhD psychologist. After meeting with you she may want to incorporate medications (obtained through a psychiatrist) and, possibly encounters with a sex therapist.

I am sure these services are available near you.

Does this make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS