wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Yesterday I had an examination of my left ear after removal

Customer Question

Yesterday I had an examination of my left ear after removal of hard wax l was informed l had what looked like a "hernia" swelling , that was the word used by the nurse who has put me forward to see a consultant. She has said its not urgent condition although she hasn't seen it before. Is it a rare condition and could it be a symptom of anything serious?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Was the nurse referring to something she noticed inside your ear?

How is your hearing in that ear now that the was has been removed?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have sent me an e-mail saying you have taken a payment of 24 pounds from my account yet you have not answered my question as stated in your reply. Is this true.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You said in your e-mail "this is not an answer but a request"
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Sorry. I am on call this week and clinic -- and call -- have been crazy :(

I am not sure what the nurse would call a hernia in this area -- the term makes no sense at all.

She might be talking about a bulging in your eardrum, a thickening of your ear canal or some sort of growth.....

In any event, I would not think this sort of thing would constitute an emergency.

Hopefully you will be able to consult with an ENT doctor who knows what she is doing.

Until then, I'd not freak out over this.

make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Once again my apologies for the delay in responding to you....I was in the OR until 3 am last night -- and that was one of the easier on-call days this week!