wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am making a query about someone I am very concerned about.

Customer Question

I am making a query about someone I am very concerned about. They were told to pick up something one evening it was a small round magneitc device as it may harm her nephews if she did not do it, she did not do it as she claims that she got a thought that she wanted to harm her nephews. This is far from the truth as she loves them and the thought of this now is having a terrible impact on her functioning. I know that sometimes anxiety can lead to strange thoughts although she tells me that she was not anxious during this period. She just thinks that she is bad person and cannot live with this now. I think that she may have some mental health issue.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Yup. I agree: She has some mental health issues.

The best thing for her to do -- perhaps with your help -- is go to Emergency and see if she can be admitted for inpatient care.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS