wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have numbness in the skin around my jaw and also stiff

Customer Question

i have numbness in the skin around my jaw and also stiff feeling in the nape of my neck
it feels better after a gentle massage but keeps recurring back shortly after the massage.
I need some advice regarding what my symptoms may represents and how to treat them . thank you
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

How long has this been going on?

Are there any rashes or other physical findings in the area?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
About one year.
There is no rashes. I feel pain in the jaws. Also feel burning sensation around my face. Muscle aches around my body.
Twitching at eyelids and on the lips. Strain and pain mostly on the left side of neck, head and shoulder.
Only Indigestion. Using Aspirin 75mg. Also using Magnesium supplements.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 9 months ago.

thank you for that additional information.

This could be from any of a number of causes. The thing that needs to be evaluated, as it can get worse if things are delayed, is nerve compression/damage.

I would recommend seeing your doctor and, possibly, obtaining an MRI of your head and neck.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS