Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have between 34g and 39g of fibre per day, and drink 9x250

Customer Question

I have between 34g and 39g of fibre per day, and drink 9x250 ml of fluid. I have 15ml of lactulose in the morning and 10ml in the evening. I get weak urges to use the bathroom and after using tummy massage techniques have to force myself to go( or else I would not go). My bowel motions are a mixture of bristol chart 1,2,5 and thin "hot dogs" with parts of the sides missing. I am 52 yrs old. 6 years ago I had a camera which showed that due to chronic constipation I had an extended convoluted bowel. I find small black bits in my underwear throughout the day. This is making me feel very dirty, and as a result I have developed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. My GP has told me to ignore the black bits, but I can't.
I would value any advice
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Do you have a picture?