wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am worried about HIV infection. I am having headaches and

Customer Question

I am worried about HIV infection.I am having headaches and want to know a little more about headaches associated with ARS for HIV.My headaches started about 7 days after potential exposure (still present at day 16 today) and usually appear at night, although day 11 I had the sore head all day and day 14 I got the sore head during afternoon. They are of mild/moderate nature, the pain is non-throbbing and is located solely at the front of my head (mainly between my eyebrows or just above). The headaches come and go from time to time and when I massage the area that hurts it helps to remove the pain for a few seconds. These headaches can last any short space of time up to a few hours. It almost feels like my forehead between my eyebrows is 'tight' when the headaches occur.
I am also under quite a lot of stress/anxiety worrying that this could be HIV symptoms, could this be causing my headaches?Can you please describe what sort of headaches are typical of HIV seroconversion? I have read that the headaches are really severe, constant and are usually accompanied by fever? I've also seen the headaches described as pain all of the head and sometimes behind the eyes?I am hoping to associate my headaches to something other than ARS...I should say that I have no other symptoms apart from feeling a bit 'spaced out' - which I put down to anxiety, shame, guilt etc.Thanks
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Male, age 24, no medical problems and no medication.I had unprotected oral sex (on me) and protected vaginal sex with a female escort 16 days ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

From what you have posted, you do not need to worry at all.

make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. I'd like some more information if that is ok.What sort of headaches would be typical of ARS for HIV? would they be very severe? unrelenting? appear alongside a fever and other symptoms? Would HIV headaches be the 'tension' type of forehead pain I am getting or would they be felt throughout the head, behind the eyes etc?Like I said, my headaches appear everyday but are mild/moderate in pain and feels like a 'tension' of the forehead in the rough location of between the eyebrows. It's not a throbbing headache, just a dull pain in this area, and if I massage this area I can help ease the pain for a few seconds. These headaches can last anywhere from a short while up to a few hours and do not really affect my day to day activities.