wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Chemical sensitisation and severe asthma after high level

Customer Question

Chemical sensitisation and severe asthma after high level exposure to isocyanate installation, unable to leave the house as all kinds of smells from perfume to smoke and a million other chemicals make my eyes, mouth and throat burn, food burns the tongue and lips so I have to be careful of everything including water, it is a living nightmare and to make matters worse it is three of us, me, myself and our wee 3 year old, we are getting help with asthma and waiting for help on the sensitisation, it feels like our mucous membranes are badly damaged and we are completely dry inside and out, we really need help and hope someone has an idea of what we can do to help our bodies, it's as though after the repeated exposure our bodies are still fighting to get rid of the toxin but it's attacking it's own tissue, as long as we are removed from everything the burning inflammation goes down but the minute even a family member comes in with the slightest smell it triggers it all off, we are living in a bubble and are completely isolated, we were told leave our home as it is not a safe environment for us, please help!
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Have you left your home?

How long has this been going on?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we have left our home and are living in my brother holiday home, this all started in February this year, we were all 100% well with good health prior to all this.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not in a position to call.

Ok. We can just continue here...

Was the high level exposure to isocyanate installation inside your home?

Is the toxin still there?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we were in the house while it was done and went to bed that night in room which leads to the attic and had zero ventilation, they told us it was the best product out there and gave off no fumes wotsoever, i asked them if it was ok for us to be in the house and they said it was perfectly ok and safe, we since found out this to be a very toxic chemical after we got sick, we are on our knees right now, we are so unwell, had to leave our beautiful home that we put so much heart and memories into and are getting loans of family to keep us goin, we just want to know what is happening to us and that we will get better, it is living hell every day and has destroyed our whole life, please tell me you know about this and what we can do to fix it, we are so scared for our wee family and just want get our health back

From what you have posted, unfortunately, your best options are:

1. sell the house and move into a new home.

2. If no one will buy your damaged home, bulldoze it into a pile and haul it to a landfill. Remove the top layer of dirt on the lot if necessary.

3 Build a new home.

From what you have posted, I do not see any other viable options.

Make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we were thinking the same but about the medical side, what is your advice

From the medical side, unfortunately, there is nothing to do other then make sure you are no longer exposed and give your body time to heal.

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I have good friends in Londonderry and have visited your beautiful country on a number of occasions even riding a bicycle around the entire coast back when I was younger and not so fat! I am glad the Troubles are no longer going on.