wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Nailbeds purplish

Customer Question

For Dr Rick nailbeds purplish
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

let me go to the old thread and pull up the picture....brb

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

That's pretty purple....

And given that your workup was unremarkable I agree completely:

Raynauld's syndrome.

here is an excellent article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/basics/symptoms/con-20022916

As you can see there are things you can do and treatments available if necessary.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good weekend.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks so much so it's nothing serious causing them as I have had all those tests ?as I am worried , Also another quick question my left breast has more prominent veins than the right one is this normal ?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

That is correct: Nothing serious.

The vein difference from one breast to the other is not unusual. If you are worried just mention it to your doctor during your next exam and mammogram, but I bet it will be OK.

See. A bonus answer on this thread ;)

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks , im only 24 so I don't think I can get a mammogram do you think the veins are anything serious ?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Without examining you there is no way to know for sure but....given what you have posted.....I think they are nothing to worry about.

See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;)

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an examination at breast clinic about 8 months ago and it was fine Im just worried is it a normal variation to have more veins prominent ? Or does it mean cancer or a tumour ? Could a tumour in my breast that's spread cause purple nails ?