Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have recently been diagnosed with shingles and prescribed

Customer Question

I have recently been diagnosed with shingles and prescribed the appropriate anti viral medication which I finished last evening. My rash is subsiding nicely and I have very little surface pain or itching. What I am suffering is deep seated pain in my hip and down my leg to my knee. The pain is like sciatica and started around the same time as the shingles rash. Is this likely to be co-incidental or can shingles cause deep joint pain like this?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Muscle and joint pain is common associated symptom with shingles. Nothing to worry about. You can take ibuprofen for that.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.