wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I am a schizophrenic, I require arirpipizole at 20mg daily.

Customer Question

Hi I am a schizophrenic, I require arirpipizole at 20mg daily. In the contents being a wine connoisseur I feel the need to ask is this detrimental to me and my love?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

Do you mean the drinking of wine or your condition?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I drink very high end white wine, I don't drink to excess but I'm afraid my taste buds will be affected. On reflection to your request :intake of 45 year old bachelor 40 mg simvastatin,200mg ibuprofen,20g fluoxetine,lisinopril5mg, 20mg arirpipizole daily
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

While arirpipizole can cause a number of side effects messing with your sense to of taste is not one of them.

So. What is the take home message?

You can safely continue taking your medication without any fear of it interferring with your love of fine wine.

And drinking fine white wine, in moderation, should be not have any affect on this medication but, of course, let your prescribing MD know about your wine consumption.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS