Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have bright red blood from my back passage....i also have

Customer Question

i have bright red blood from my back passage....i also have had a mucus for about 5 weeks....is this a sign of bowel cancer...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

how old are you?

I am a cancer doctor.

chance for colon cancer are very small

most likely the bleeding is from hemorrhoid vein bleeding from the rectum from constipation.

yellow white mucus can be from just the constipation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi dr david i am 52 years old...i went on holiday to greece and my constipation was unreal..never went to toilet,,,went todoctors and they gave me powder laxidive and after 5 days done stool...i gave sample and i am waiting to get camera for possible ibs etc etc...i dont have a swollen tummy but the last 2 days my toilet is mucus and small stools...today i am bleeding bright red and my bottom is tender..is this normal for so many weeks...
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

sounds like you have bad constipation

you could have IBS with constipation.

small hard stools are still a sign of constipation.

you may need both fiber supplements and more fruits and vegetables and laxatives to help soften your stools.

severe constipation can last a long time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont need to worry about cancer...if i eat veg and more fruits...how long do i wait to get back to normal..and so sorry what is fibre eating ..can u give me an example of what to avoid...or wat to eat..
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you need to eat more salad, vegetables, cooked, raw vegetables, whole grains, oat meal,

pasta, breads, cheese, bananas can cause constipation.

no, you don't have to worry about cancer.

you should see a doctor to see if you have long term constipation issues or if this is just a one time thing when you travel.