wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have been experiencing pain in the lower rib cage over the

Customer Question

I have been experiencing pain in the lower rib cage over the last 9 weeks. I thought it was just aches and pains - it gets worse when I lie down to sleep. I go to a chiropractor for my hips and knees and had test at the onset of issues for kidney infection but came back clear. 9 weeks on i am getting 4 1/2 hrs rest and i went to my doctor who has taken bloods and yesterday I also got an x-ray and i am awaiting an ultrasound appointment. I am feeling generally unwell. I have some tightness in my chest and i am very tired but put this down to not getting a good nights sleep. they seemed very concerned yesterday and I am worried they are checking for cancer?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do you have any other symptoms?

Why do you believe they are looking for/found cancer?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am female aged 40.
My symptoms are:
Pain right side rib cage - ongoing for 9 weeks. Worse when I lie down
Slight bloating
Felling tired all the time
Bad circulation
Previously had ovary removed 8 years ago
Lack of appetite
Inability to concentrate though probably due to lack of sleep
Tightness in chest though mild
constant phlegm and weird taste in mouth even after brushing teeth
not pregant
on omeprazole only
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

First and foremost I would not rush to say that you have cancer.

Your symptoms can be a sign of many, many other issues.....

And the good news? It sounds like your doctors are doing an excellent job of getting to the bottom of things and you will have the answers soon.....

and, like I said, it is highly unlikely that the answer will have anything to do with cancer.

So. What should you do?

Put your fears of cancer behind you

Wait for the answers that your doctors should be giving you in the next few days.

Do your best to enjoy the weekend.

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thankyou. This has helped a great deal
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

My pleasure.

Take care. I will be sending positive thoughts your way :)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Apologies. I have had a bad weekend with pain and terrible exhaustion. I didn't mention either a metallic taste in mouth which I have had for a considerable time. Could you expand a little on other causes ? Hard not to worry and would like to focus on other lesser causes whilst I await next doctors visit
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 8 months ago.

At this point the best thing you can do is get help with your anxiety over this issue.

A laundry list of possible causes will not help you....as a matter of fact it will only give you more fuel for your anxiety fire....

Does this make sense to you?

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS